Job Opportunity at Hartley Cycles
Part time: 2-3 days a week, with flexible working hours available.
Immediate start. Location East Dulwich, London, SE22, UK.
Hartley Cycles is a bespoke bicycle manufacturing business. Hartley Cycles designs and makes bicycles for individual clients from a workshop in South East London and is passionate about creating the best possible bikes for those customers. This is an exciting time for Hartley Cycles, with the recent launch of sister brand Isen Workshop, this is a great opportunity for the right candidate to get on board at this influential and early stage of a blossoming company.
The studio is looking for a part-time assistant to help with the day-to-day administration of the studio; an enthusiastic person who we can trust to take the lead with the varied administrative tasks required. The position requires someone who is naturally well organised with good written communication skills. The role is varied in its requirements, from customer relations and marketing to web administration. This role would suit someone who is passionate, has some administration/project management experience, and an interest in the creative industries and cycling.
- Communication: professional email correspondence with clients, press, galleries, retailers.
- Administration: diary management, ordering bike components and workshop supplies, booking transport.
- Finance: writing and paying invoices, writing quotes, logging sales, basic accounts (can provide training if required).
- Press and marketing: responding to press enquiries, resizing images, writing copy for interviews, seasonal newsletter, social media updates (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Website: updating the business website with new bikes, projects and products.
- Implementing systems for the smooth running of the studio.
- Presentations: creating client presentations and proposals, image touch up.
- Research: occasional commission/project research (bike components, materials, history).
- Applications: funding, competitions, insurance.
- Please note: this is not a frame building position.
- Communication: clear verbal and written communication.
- Organisation: able to prioritise tasks and bring a systemised and logical structure to work.
- Resourceful: able to take on tasks in unknown areas and learn on the go.
- Computer literate: proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Google Drive, Illustrator; knowledge of InDesign.
- Numerate: able to record financial information clearly and accurately (though no in-depth financial knowledge or experience is required).
- Interest and enthusiasm for bicycle design and craft. Some knowledge of materials and processes desirable though not necessary.
- Knowledge and interest in bikes and cycling.
- Basic understanding of bicycle components and mechanics.
- Access to your own laptop device would be a bonus.
Hours and pay:
- 2 – 3 days a week, permanent (with a two month probation period).
- Flexible with working days and hours and will consider working day structure to fit around childcare/school run etc.
- Opportunity for the role to grow with the needs of the company.
- Pay is open to discussion, dependent on experience.
Please send CV and covering letter about why you would be suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 27th October 2017.